Summative Tests may be seen as assessment of learning, which occurs at the end of a particular unit. This form of assessment usually occurs toward the end of a period of learning in order to describe the standard reached by the learner. Often, this takes place in order for appropriate decisions about future learning or job suitability to be made. Judgments derived from summative tests are usually for the benefit of people other than the learner (UNESCO-TLSF)
Summative Assessment measures whether learners have met the content and performance standards. Teachers must use methods to measure student learning that have been deliberately designed to assess how well students have learned and are able to apply their learning in different contexts. The results of summative tests are recorded and used to report on the learners’ achievement. Primarily, the results ofsummative tests are reported to the learners and their parents/guardians. In addition, these are reported to principals/school heads, teachers who will receive the child in the next grade level, and guidance teachers who should help students cope with challenges they experience in school.
What is assessed in the classroom?
Assessment in the classroom is aimed at helping students perform well in relation to the learning standards. Learning standards comprise content standards, performance standards, and learning competencies that are outlined in the curriculum.
- Content Standards identify and set the essential knowledge and understanding that should be learned. They cover a specified scope of sequential topics within each learning strand, domain, theme, or component. Content standards answer the question, “What should the learners know?”
- Performance standards describe the abilities and skins that learners are expected to demonstrate in relation to the content standards and integration of 21st century skills. The integration of knowledge, understanding, and skills is expressed through creation, innovation, and adding value to produce/ performance during independent work or in collaboration with others. Performance standards answer the following questions:
- “What can learners do with what they know?”
- How well must learners do their work?”
- “How well do learners use their learning or understanding in different situations?”
- “How do learners apply their learning or understanding in real-life contexts?”
- “What tools and measures should learners use to demonstrate what they know?
- Learning competencies refer to the knowledge, understanding, skills, and attitudes that students need to demonstrate in every lesson and/or learning activity.
- Concept Development. The learning standards in the curriculum reflect progressions of concept development The cognitive Process Dimensions adapted from Anderson and Krathwohl (2001) may be a good way to operationalize these progressions. It provides a scheme for classifying educational goals, objectives, and standards. It also defines a broad range of cognitive processes from basic to complex.
Source: Department of Education
We are always on the process of uploading summative tests. As requested, here are the file links. The remaining files will be uploaded soon. Please check this section from time to time.
Download these files for Free. No Adfly. Virus Free. Safer. Faster.
4th Quarter All Subjects Summative Tests Available for Download
GRADE 1 – Summative Test
- GRADE 1 Summative Test in All Subjects – 4th Quarter #1
- GRADE 1 Summative Test in All Subjects – 4th Quarter #2
- GRADE 1 Summative Test in All Subjects – 4th Quarter #3
- GRADE 1 Summative Test in All Subjects – 4th Quarter #4
GRADE 2 – Summative Test
- GRADE 2 Summative Test in All Subjects – 4th Quarter #1
- GRADE 2 Summative Test in All Subjects – 4th Quarter #2
GRADE 3 – Summative Test
- GRADE 3 Summative Test in Araling Panlipunan – 4th Quarter
- GRADE 3 Summative Test in English – 4th Quarter
- GRADE 3 Summative Test in MAPEH – 4th Quarter
- GRADE 3 Summative Test in ESP, Math, Araling Panlipunan – 4th Quarter
- GRADE 3 Summative Test in All Subjects – 4th Quarter
GRADE 4 – Summative Test
GRADE 5 – Summative Test
GRADE 6 – Summative Test