In this article, you will find our compiled GRADE 10 Teachers Guide. We aim to complete all the GRADE 10 Teachers Guide to make them available to our fellow teachers and help them complete their resources to make their efforts more directed into the actual teaching process.
You will find the GRADE 10 Teachers Guide download links at the bottom of this article. If you have time, please read the article below for additional background about the K-12 curriculum.
COMMUNICATIVE COMPETENCE AND MULTILITERRACIES
The ultimate goal of the Language Arts and Multiliteracies Curriculum is to produce graduates who apply the language conventions, principles, strategies and skills in (1) interacting with others, (2) understanding and learning other content areas, and (3) fending for themselves in whatever field of endeavour they may engage in.
Communicative Competence. Communicative Competence is a synthesis of knowledge of basic grammatical principles, knowledge of how language is used in social settings to perform communicative functions, and how knowledge of utterances and communicative functions can be combined according to the principles of discourse.
Communicative competence is classified into the following competencies.
- Grammatical/Linguistic Competence means the acquisition of phonological rules, morphological words, syntactic rules, semantic rules and lexical items.
- Sociolinguistic Competence refers to the learning of pragmatic aspect of various speech acts, namely, the cultural values, norms, and other socio-cultural conventions in social contexts. They are the context and topic of discourse, the participant’s social status, sex, age, and other factors which influence styles and registers of speech. Since different situations call for different types of expressions as well as different beliefs, views, values, and attitudes, the development of sociolinguistic competence is essential for communicative social action.
- Discourse Competence is the knowledge of rules regarding the cohesion (grammatical links) and coherence (appropriate combination of communicative actions) of various types of discourse (oral and written). Sociolinguistic rules of use and rules of discourse are crucial in interpreting utterances for social meaning, particularly when the literal meaning of an utterance does not lead to the speaker’s intention easily.
- Strategic Competence is to DO with the knowledge of verbal and non-verbal strategies to compensate for breakdown such as self-correction and at the same time to enhance the effectiveness of communication such as recognizing discourse structure, activating background knowledge, contextual guessing, and tolerating ambiguity.
Multiliteracies (multi literacy practices) recognize that there are many kinds of literacy at work within our society. These include traditional literacy practices using texts as well as new literacy practices using texts of popular culture such as films. Social literacy encompasses how we communicate and exchange meaning in our society while professional literacy links with the notion of literacy for school of the workplace.
The curriculum aims to help learners acquire highly-developed literacy skills that enable them to understand that English language is the most widely used medium of communication in Trade and the Arts, Sciences, Mathematics, and in world economy. Furthermore, the curriculum aims to help learners understand that English language is a dynamic social process which responds to and reflects changing social conditions, and that English is inextricably involved with values, beliefs and ways of thinking about ourselves and the world we dwell in. Through multi-literacy skills, learners will be able to appreciate and be sensitive to sociocultural diversity and understand that the meaning of any form of communication depends on context, purpose and audience.
Source: Department of Education
We are always on the process of uploading GRADE 10 Teachers Guide. As requested, here are the file
links. The remaining files will be uploaded soon. Please check this section from time to time.
Download these files for Free. No Adfly. Virus Free. Safer. Faster.
Available GRADE 10 Teachers Guide for Download
- MODYUL 1 Mga Akdang Pampanitikan ng Mediterranean
- MODYUL 2 Mga Akdang Pampanitikan ng mga Bansa sa Kanluran
- MODYUL 3 Mga Akdang Pampanitikan ng Africa at Persia
- Unit 1: Active Recreation (Sports)
- Unit 2: Active Recreation (Fitness)
- Unit 3: Active Recreation (Street and Hip-Hop Dances)
- Unit 1: Consumer Health
- Unit 2: Health Trends, Issues, and Concerns in the National Level
- Unit 3: Health Trends, Issues, and Concerns (Global level)