DepEd Order No.02, s. 2019
School Year 2018-2019 K to 12 Basic Education Program End of School Year Rites
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. For School Year (SY) 2018-2019, the Department of Education (DepEd) announces the conduct of the following End-of-School-Year (EOSY) Rites:
2. The 2019 ceremonies shall focus on the theme Pagkakaisa sa Pagkakaiba-iba: Kalidad na Edukasyon para sa Lahat (Unity in Diversity: Quality Education for All). Schools, schools divisions or regional offices may translate the theme into their respective Mother Tongues. This theme highlights the role of the K to 12 Basic Education Program in developing an educated society where the challenges and benefits of diversity are embraced and welcomed by every Filipino.
3. As announced in Enclosure No. 2 of DepEd Order (DO) No. 25, s. 2018 entitled School Calendar for School Year 2018-2019, the EOSY rites should be scheduled not earlier than April 1, 2019, but not later than April 5, 2019. Schools, divisions or regions with an extended SY shall be guided by their approved
revised school calendar.
4. In line with the government’s austerity program, DepEd reiterates the following policies:
- a. Graduation rites should be simple but meaningful to encourage civil rights, a sense of community, and personal responsibility. While these rites mark a milestone in the life of the learners, these should be conducted without excessive spending, extravagant attire or extraordinary venue;
- b. Moving Up or Completion Ceremonies should be simple, involving only the learners, their parents and the school; and
- c. Nonacademic projects such as attendance to field trips, film showing, Junior- Senior promenade, and other school events should not be imposed as requirements for graduation or completion.
For Public Schools only
- d. Expenses relative to the activity should be charged to the school Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses subject to existing guidelines. No DepEd personnel shall be allowed to collect any kind of contribution or fee for graduation/moving up/completion ceremony.
5. The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates are as follows:
6. Awarding of honors to learners from Grades 1 to 12 shall follow the guidelines in DO 36, s. 2016 entitled Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
7. Further, the EOSY rites and moving up or completion ceremony shall be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the learners and their parents and shall not be used as a political forum. DepEd reiterates the strict compliance with DO 48, s. 2018 entitled Prohibition of Electioneering and Partisan Political Activity.
8. For more information, please contact the Bureau of Learning Delivery- Teaching and Learning Division, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 638-4799 and (02) 687-2948, or email at email@example.com.
9. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Editable MS Word DepEd Sample Templates of Certificates and Diploma
Enclosure No. 1 to DepEd Order No. 002, s. 2019
(Enclosure No. 2 to DepEd Order No. 002, s. 2019)
(Enclosure No. 3 to DepEd Order No. 002, s. 2019
(Enclosure No. 4 to DepEd Order No. 002, s. 2019
Additional Reading about DepEd Graduation Rites 2019:
- DepEd Order 48, s. 2018 – Prohibition of Electioneering and Partisan Political Activity.
- DepEd Order 36, s. 2016 – Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- How Should Students be Awarded and Recognized?
- DepEd Order 25, s. 2018 – School Calendar for School Year 2018–2019