UPDATE on UPDATE: DepEd Number of School Days per Month for SY 2018 – 2019 with References
As stated in DepEd Order No., 25, s. 2018 : School Calendar for School Year 2018–2019, there shall be 208 school days for School Year 2018 – 2019 inclusive of the five (5) In-Service Training and the three (3) days Parent-Teacher Conference conducted in every quarter. The learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days. The number of days in each month are distributed as follows:
- The school year (SY) shall formally open on Monday, June 4, 2018 and shall end on Friday, April 5, 2018. it shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and three days of Parent-Toacher Conferences (PTC
- Learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days for this SY. To ensure quality in the school operation and actual teaching learning, the 187-day contact time for teachers and learners is non-negotiable. The physical presence of school heads in schools shall also be enforced.
- Private schools may deviate from this School Calendar. However, they may not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than the last day of August, as provided in Republic Act (RA) No. 7797, entitled An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days. Said schools should notify in advance their respective regional offices (ROs) regarding any deviation from the school calendar.
- Source: DepEd Order 25, s. 2018: School Calendar for School Year 2018–2019
- IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES ON THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR SCHOOL YEAR (SY) 2018-2019