DepEd Order 06, s. 2018 |
School Year 2017-2018 K to 12 Basic Education Program End of School Year Rites
- For School Year (SY) 2017-2018, the Department of Education (DepEd) announces the conduct of the following End of School Year Rites:
Grade Level Completers
Proof of Completion
|Kindergarten||Moving Up or Completion||Kindergarten Certificate|
|(Enclosure No. 1)|
|Grade 6||Graduation||Elementary Certificate|
|(Enclosure No. 2)|
|Grade 10||Moving Up or Completion||Junior High School Certificate|
|(Enclosure No. 3)|
|Grade 12 learners from||Graduation||Senior High School Diploma|
|(Enclosure No. 4)|
|a. Schools with DepEd-approved K to 12 transition plan|
|b. Schools with permit to operate Senior High School since 2014|
|c. International schools with K to 12 Program|
- The 2018 ceremonies shall focus on the theme Mag-aaral ng K to 12: Handa sa Hamon ng Buhay (K to 12 Learners: Ready to Face Life’s Challenges). Schools, divisions, or regions may translate the theme in Mother Tongue. This theme highlights the role of K to 12 Basic Education Program in harnessing the skills and competencies of the Filipino learners to face life’s challenges.
- As announced in Enclosure No. 1 of DepEd Order (DO) No. 25, s. 2017 entitled School Calendar for School Year 2017-2018, the end of school year rites should be scheduled not earlier than April 2, 2018 but not later than April 6, 2018. Schools, divisions, or regions with an extended school year will have to be guided by their approved revised school calendar.
- All Grade 12 learners are required to take the Basic Education Exit Assessment (BEEA) which will be conducted before April 6, 2018. Details of the examination will be issued on a separate memorandum.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, DepEd reiterates the following policies:
- Graduation rites should be simple but meaningful which encourage civil rights, a sense of community, and personal responsibility. While these rites mark a milestone in the life of the learners, these should be conducted without excessive spending, extravagant attire, or extraordinary venue;
- Moving Up or Closing Ceremonies should be simple involving only the learners, their parents and the school; and
- Non-academic projects such as attendance to field trips, film showing, junior-senior promenade, and other school events should not be imposed as requirements for graduation or completion.
For Public Schools only
- Expenses relative to the activity should be charged to the school’s Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses under the 2018 Budget;
- Any DepEd personnel should not be allowed to collect any graduation/moving up/closing ceremony fees or any kind of contribution; and
- Contribution for the annual yearbook, if any, should be on a voluntary basis.
- Use of enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates:
Sample Template For Kindergarten Certificate
Sample Template For Grade 6 Elementary Certificate
Sample Template For Grade 10 Certificate Of Completion
Sample Template For Grade 12 Diploma
|For private elementary and secondary schools, technical and vocational institutions (TVIs), and higher education institutions (HEIs) including state universities and colleges (SUCs) and local universities and colleges (LUCs)||The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates is optional. The signature of the school head is required, while the signature of the schools division superintendent is not required.|
|For public elementary and secondary schools||The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates is required.|
- Awarding of honors to learners from Grades 1 to 12 shall follow the guidelines stipulated in DO 36, s. 2016 entitled Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- Further, the end of school year rites and moving up or closing ceremony should be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the learners and their parents, and shall not be used as a political forum.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Read the full DepEd Order 06, s. 2018 |School Year 2017-2018 K to 12 Basic Education Program End of School Year Rites (Here)