Good day fellow Teachers. Here you will find our compiled Classroom Observation Tools (COT) (teacher tools online / teacher observation tools) . Thanks to all our File Contributors who have emailed, messaged and uploaded these files to our DepEd Teachers Club FB Group to make these files available for everyone to guide them on their classroom observations. As part of our teacher tools online, we also included the RPMS TOOLS for TEACHER I – III (Proficient Teachers) in MS Excel format.
We, the Contributors, Admins, Tech Volunteers and File Editors are always grateful for all your support. We will continue to try our best to make things better for all of us teachers. We love y’all!
Please don’t forget to Like and Share as support and thanks to our Contributors. The links are posted right after the article below.
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” –Helen Keller
(From the Department of Education)
PPST-aligned RPMS: A Guide for Teachers by Teachers
The Department of Education (DepEd) reaffirmed that the alignment of the Results-Based Performance Management System (RPMS) with the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST) is the result of the Focus Group Workshops conducted between March and April 2015 across 17 regions in the country.
The participants in the workshop expressed the need for teachers to focus on teaching, and therefore recommended for the immediate alignment of the RPMS and PPST.
To respond to these demands from the field, the Philippine National Research Center for Teacher Quality (RCTQ), in coordination with the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (BHROD), National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), Teacher’s Education Council (TEC) and the Basic Education Sector Transformation (BEST) program, conducted a two-phase project on the development and validation of the RPMS Tools.
This led to the development of the RPMS Manual for Teachers and School Heads that is aligned with PPST. This contains the RPMS Tools and its associated tools –Classroom Observation Tools (COT) and Self-Assessment Tools (SAT) – and performance appraisals forms such as Individual Performance Commitment and Review Form (IPCRF), Midyear Review Form, and Performance Monitoring and Coaching Form.
The Manual provides school heads and other raters a detailed reference to help in the understanding of the tools and the different phases of assessment within the various cycles of RPMS, ensuring that mechanisms are in place to support teacher performance.
The Manual also guides the teachers through the basics in preparing, organizing and completing the Portfolio/RPMS documents, and introduces the concept of annotations to guide teachers through critical reflection of their practices for their continuous improvement.
Over 400 teachers, master teachers, principals, supervisors, DepEd regional directors and other educators across all regions in the country were involved in the development and validation of the RPMS Tools and Manual over three years. It can also be noted that the PPST was developed and validated by over 10,000 pre- and in-service teachers, principals, supervisors, regional directors and other educators, and representatives from government agencies and non-government organizations.
PPST-aligned RPMS tools
The RPMS tools pertain to the two different teacher performance assessment instruments, one for Teacher I to III (Proficient Teachers) and another for Master Teacher I to IV (Highly Proficient Teachers).
Each tool describes the duties and responsibilities of teachers across career stages, the Key Result Areas (KRAs) for the realization of those duties, and the specific objectives to attain the KRAs. It further presents in detail the various Means of Verification (MOV) that serve as proof of the attainment of specific objectives alongside performance indicators, from outstanding to poor performance.
These tools are practical to use, give preference to quality over quantity, ensure teacher effectiveness, and motivate professional growth and development. This set of RPMS tools were made by and for the teachers, resolving the issues of teachers having difficulty coming up with their IPCRF and compiling irrelevant and voluminous MOVs, and ensuring that their performance and practice of teaching are measured through standardized and objective manner.
It is important to note that with the development of these tools, teachers shall no longer craft/develop their own Individual Performance and Commitment Review Form (IPCRF) in view of the developed RPMS tools in the Manual allowing them to focus on teaching.
- Department of Education Press Releases
- Published: September 22, 2018
Classroom Observation Tools (COT)
GRADE 1 COT Classroom Observation Tools
- COT_DLP_ARALING PANLINAN 1 BY TEACHER MYLENE B. FERRER
- COT_DLP_ARALING PANLIPUNAN 1 BY TEACHER ESPERANZA P. LOZANO
- COT_PPT_KONSEPTO NG DISTANSYA AT LOKASYON
GRADE 2 COT Classroom Observation Tools
- COT_DLP_ ENGLISH 2 BY TEACHER JELYN M. HABANA
- COT_DLP_FILIPINO 2 BY TEACHER MYRA ANIMAS
- COT_DLP_MATHEMATICS 2 BY TEACHER MYRA ANIMAS
- COT_DLP_MATHEMATICS 2
- COT_DLP_MTB 2 BY TEACHER JELYN M. HABANA
- COT_PPT_AREA OF RECTANGLE
- COT_PPT_MUSICAL LAYER BY TEACHER CATHERINE C. CALLANTA
GRADE 3 COT Classroom Observation Tools
- COT_DLP_ARALING PANLIPUNAN 3 BY SIR CRISTOPHER A. LASARTE
- COT_DLP_ENGLISH 3 BY SIR REI MARASIGAN
- COT_DLP_FILIPINO 3 BY TEACHER GRACIA AGPASA
- COT_DLP_MATHEMATICS 3 BY TEACHER GRACIA AGPASA
- COT_DLP_MTB 3 BY SIR CRISTOPHER A. LASARTE
- COT_PPT_ARALING PANLIPUNAN 3_PAMUMUHAY SA LAS PINAS (NCR)
- COT_PPT_ENGLISH 3_POSSESSIVE PRONOUN BY SIR REI L. MARASIGAN
- COT_PPT_MATHEMATICS 3 BY TEACHER GHLO
- COT_PPT_MATHEMATICS 3 BY TEACHER GRACIA AGPASA _AREA OF A RECTANGLE
- COT_PPT_MTB 3 BY TEACHER ROSALINDA A. VERTUDAZO
- COT_PPT_SCIENCE 3
GRADE 4 COT Classroom Observation Tools
- COT_DLP_ART 3 BY MASTER TEACHER JENETTE M. ESCUETA
- COT_DLP_ENGLISH 4 BY TEACHER MARGIE V. BOTICARIO #3
- COT_DLP_ENGLISH 4 BY TEACHER MARGIE V. BOTICARIO #4
- COT_DLP_ENGLISH 4 BY TEACHER ROSEMARIE C. HERNANDO
- COT_DLP_EPP 4 BY SIR ARJAY P. DELA CRUZ #2
- COT_DLP_EPP 4 BY SIR ARJAY P. DELA CRUZ #3
- COT_DLP_FILIPINO 4 BY TEACHER RUENA B. JAVIER
- COT_DLP_SCIENCE 4 BY TEACHER FE E. BALLERAS
- COT_PPT_FILIPINO 4_PAGSUNOD SA PANUTO BY TEACHER RUENA B. JAVIER
- COT_PPT_SCIENCE 4_SAFETY PRECAUTIONS BY TEACHER FE BALLERAS
GRADE 5 COT Classroom Observation Tools
- COT_DLP_ENGLISH 5_COMPLEX SENTENCE BY SIR REI MARASIGAN
- COT_DLP_EPP 5 BY SIR CHRISTIAN DAN A. VINLUAN
- COT_DLP_FILIPINO 5 BY SIR FRANCIS M. NAVELA II
- COT_DLP_MAPEH 5 BY TEACHER JELYN V. CHAVEZ
- COT_DLP_MATHEMATICS 5 BY TEACHER FILPA D. ARO
- COT_DLP_SCIENCE 5 BY SIR JOHN CEL P. FAUSTINO
- COT_DLP_SCIENCE 5 BY TEACHER SOLIDAD A. NATIVIDAD
GRADE 6 COT Classroom Observation Tools
- COT_DLP ENGLISH 6_SUMMARIZING INFORMATIONS HEARD BY MASTER TEACHER EVA M. CORVERA
- COT_DLP_ENGLISH 6 BY TEACHER TERESITA B. ARMENDARES
- COT_DLP_EPP 6 BY TEACHER CHERRIE ANN A. DELA CRUZ
- COT_DLP_FILIPINO 6 BY TEACHER ARLET D. ORO
- COT_DLP_MATHEMATICS 6 BY TEACHER FILPA D. ARO
- COT_DLP_MATHEMATICS 6 BY TEACHER LIBERTY B. MONTEAGUDO
- COT_DLP_MATHEMATICS 6 BY TEACHER MA. EDITHA L. OLLAVE
- COT_DLP_SCIENCE 6 BY TEACHER KRISTINE ANN B. DE JESUS
- COT_DLP_SCIENCE 6_EARTH’S ROTATION BY MASTER TEACHER EVA M. CORVERA
- COT_DLP_SCIENE 6 BY TEACHER JOCELYN M. PONCE
- COT_PPT_ENGLISH 6
- COT_PPT_EPP 6 BY TEACHER LORILIE A. AQUIT
- COT_PPT_FILIPINO 6
- COT_PPT_SCIENCE 6_EARTH’S ROTATION BY MASTER TEACHER EVA CORVERA
- COT_PPT_SCIENCE 6_PLANETS
- RPMS TOOLS for TEACHER I – III (Proficient Teachers) – MS Excel
- Sample COT Observation Guide and Tool – Ronel Balistoy
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”
- After downloading, please have a moment to show your Support to our DepEd Club Contributors by giving us a LIKE on our Official FB page – K to 12 Teachers Club ( Former DepEd Teachers Club Page). Thank you!
- All Teachers are invited to JOIN our Facebook Group – DepEd Teachers Club
- If you’ll be Sharing this somewhere else, PLEASE DO CREDIT THIS WORKS TO DEPED TEACHERS CLUB. Thank you.