Starting July 1, 2017, all professionals, with the exception of Professional Teachers and Registered Nurses, are required to present earned CPD units before the renewal of Professional Identification Cards (PIC).
Professionals renewing their professional ID cards must provide the original and photocopy of certificates of credit units earned. Required CPD units for each profession vary, to view the required CPD units for each regulated profession click the image below.
As stated in Section 10.2 of the General IRR of the CPD Law, the transitory period for the accumulation of CPD Credit units are as follows:
UPDATE: CPD for Teachers
- Compliance to CPD law for professional teachers will start on December 1, 2017 per Resolution No. 11 s.2017 of the Board for Professional Teachers.
- To learn more about CPD, you may read our article here:
What is CPD – Continuing Professional Development for Teachers?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What is Republic Act No. 10912 is all about
- Republic Act No. 10912, otherwise known as the “Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Act of 2016”, is an act which requires CPD as the mandatory requirement for the renewal of Professional Identification Card.
- When is the Law enacted and become effective?
- The CPD Act Lapsed into Law on July 21, 2016 and it took effect on August 16, 2016.
- When is the implementation of R.A. No. 10912?
- R.A. No. 10912 will be implemented upon the effectivity of General Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) and the Individual Operational Guidelines of each profession.
- When the General IRR will be issued?
- The General IRR is expected to be issued this coming March 2017.
- When is the start to require CPD units for the renewal of Professional Identification Card?
- Starting July 2017, PRC will require CPD units for the renewal of Professional Identification Cards.
- How many CPD credit units will be required for the renewal of Professional Identification Card?
- The required CPD credit units for the renewal of Professional Identification Cards will be provided in the General IRR and in the Individual Operational Guidelines of each respective profession.
- Are Senior Citizens exempt from CPD requirement?
- No. The law does not provide any exemption from CPD compliance for the renewal of Professional Identification Card.
- How about the licensed professionals who are working overseas?
- Licensed professionals working overseas may attend trainings/seminars conducted by the foreign chapters or affiliates of accredited CPD Providers. They may also attend trainings/seminars conducted by non-accredited CPD Providers and apply for credit units under Self-Directed Learning and/or Lifelong Learning.
- Meanwhile the IRR of R.A. 10912 is not yet issued, can I still renew my Professional Identification Card?
- Yes. You can still renew your Professional Identification Card without the CPD requirement. However, for those professionals whose Professional Regulatory Laws require CPD credit units prior to the renewal of Professional Identification Cards, compliance with CPD remains mandatory.
- While waiting for the issuance of General IRR and Individual Operational Guidelines of each profession, what policy will govern in the accreditation as CPD Provider, CPD Programs, and Self Directed Learning?
- Pending the issuance of General IRR of R.A. 10912 and the Individual Operational Guidelines of each profession, PRC Resolution 2013-774, as amended by Resolution No. 2016-990 will govern the accreditation as CPD Providers, CPD Programs, and Self-Directed Learning and/or Lifelong Learning.