In the old basic education curriculum, so much knowledge, skills, and values were expected to be learnt by students within a limited period of time. Moreover, learning tended to be more focused on content, which was fragmented and disintegrated according to education analysts. These could be some reasons why many Filipino students according to studies failed to master the competencies and gain lifelong learning skills necessary for a productive life. The new K to 12 curriculum, as designed is learner-centered. It focuses on the optimum development of the Filipino child. Thus, it is important for teachers to align their lesson planning with the goals of the new K to 12 curriculum. The following are the K to 12 Curriculum Guides that are being used in teachers’ lesson preparation and lesson planning.
The K to 12 Education Program addresses the shortcomings and reforming the basic education curriculum. The following are some features of the new K to 12 curriculum:
- The K to 12 curriculum is decongested. The new curriculum focuses on understanding for mastery and has removed the unnecessarily repeated competencies.
- The K to 12 curriculum is seamless. This ensures smooth transition between grade levels and continuum of competencies through spiral progression where learning of knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes increases in depth and breadth. There is also continuity of competencies and standards from elementary to secondary level through a unified curriculum framework. The unified standards and competencies ensures integration of what learners learn across grade levels and across learning areas for a more meaningful learning.
- The K to 12 curriculum is relevant and responsive as it centers on the Filipino learner; it is developmentally appropriate (age appropriate) and focuses on succeeding in the 21st century. Moreover, the curriculum responds to the needs of the community: an agricultural town may offer agricultural elective courses; a coastal area, fishery elective courses; an urban area, industrial arts. Learning will be systematically matched with labor market requirements.
- K to 12 Curriculum is enriched. It uses integrative, inquiry-based and constructive approaches to develop the competencies of learners.
- K to 12 curriculum is learner-centered. It focuses on the optimum development of the Filipino child.<<<
Now Available for Download:
Department of Education K to 12 Curriculum Guides
- Kindergarten Curriculum Guide | Download
- Araling Panlipunan Curriculum Guide | Download
- Arts Curriculum Guide Download
- Edukasyon Sa Pagpapakatao Curriculum Guide | Download
- English Curriculum Guide | Download
- EPP,TLE Curriculum Guide | Download
- Filipino Curriculum Guide | Download
- Health Curriculum Guide | Download
- Math Curriculum Guide | Download
- Mother Tongue Curriculum Guide | Download
- Music Curriculum Guide | Download
- Physical Education Curriculum Guide | Download
- Science Curriculum Guide | Download
Alternative Learning System (ALS)- K to 12 Basic Education Program
- ALS Learning Strand 1 Comm Skills English Download
- ALS Learning Strand 1 Comm Skills Filipino Download
- ALS Learning Strand 2 Scientific and Critical Thinking Skills Download
- ALS Learning Strand 3 Mathematical and Problem Solving Skills Download
- ALS Learning Strand 4 Life and Career Skills Download
- ALS Learning Strand 5 Understanding the Self and Society Download
- ALS Learning Strand 6 Digital Literacy Download
MORE DOWNLOADABLE FILES
Activities for Students | Classroom Observation Tools | Daily Lesson Log | Diagnostic Test | Exams | Inspirational Stories | Instructional Materials | Learners Material | Periodical Tests | Powerpoint Presentations | RPMS | Short Stories | Summative Tests | Weekly Daily Lesson Log | Weekly Home Learning Plan | Weekly Learning Plan | Workbooks
/ Learning Materials / Learners Materials / Instructional Materials
We are always on the process of uploading new files.
For additional updates and unannounced uploads, please visit this section from time to time.
Like us on Facebook to get INSTANT UPDATES. CLICK HERE
You can also BOOKMARK this page in your web browser by clicking Ctrl+D in your keyboard for faster access in the future. Thank you fellow Teachers.
We at DepEd Teachers Club are always grateful to all our File Authors and File Contributors. Credit goes to all of them. Let us all give them thanks and show our support for all their works.
We are also thankful for all our File Editors, Sharers, Tech Volunteers and fellow Teachers for helping us and making this kind of service possible.