- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues this DepEd Order with the enclosed Guidelines on the Grant of Performance Based Bonus for the Department of Education Employees and Officials for Fiscal Year 2016.
- This DepEd Order aims to establish a set of guidelines that provides for systematic, credible and evidence-based policy of linking organizational and individual performance to personnel incentives, and of recognizing and rewarding exemplary accomplishment to foster teamwork and meritocracy.
- The process, mechanism and criteria on the grant of Performance Based Bonus (PBB) shall guide all DepEd schools and offices in evaluating the performance of each delivery unit and personnel, and determining the level of personnel incentive corresponding to the level of achievement of their expected outputs.
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations with provisions, which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- This policy shall take effect immediately upon its issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Guidelines On The Grant Of Performance Based Bonus For The Department Of Education Employees And Officials For Fiscal Year 2018-2019
- Executive Order (EO) No. 8o, s. 2012 directs the adoption or the Performance-Based Incentive System (PBIS) for government employees, consisting of the Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI) and the Performance Based Bonus (PBB). It is based on the principle that service delivery by the bureaucracy can be improved by linking personnel incentives to the bureau or delivery unit’s performance and recognizing and rewarding exemplary performance to foster teamwork and meritocracy.
- Executive order No. 201, s. 2016 provided that the compensation and position classification shall be revised or updated to PBIS in recognition of government personnel who play a greater role and carry a heavier responsibility in attaining performance targets and delivering results. It also stipulated that the Interagency Force (IATF) on the Harmonization of National Government Performance Monitoring, information, and Reporting System, created pursuant to Administrative (AO) 25, s. 2011, shall prescribe the conditions eligibility and procedures for the grant of the enhanced PBB, including the ranking system to recognize different levels of performance.
- AO 25 Memorandum Circular (MC) 2016-1 prescribes the criteria and conditions for the grant of PBB for fiscal year (FY) 2016. One of the said criteria is the agency submission of a system of Ranking Delivery Units.
- The grant of the PBB in DepEd aims to motivate higher performance and greater accountability and to ensure the achievement of education targets and commitments under the five (5) Result (KRAs) laid down in EO No. 43 s, 2011 and the Philippine Development Plan (PDP 2011-2016, It ultimately seeks to give monetary incentive to each personnel based on his/her performance in achieving the expected outputs or his/her function
- In view of the above, this Order aims to establish a PBB system by which the performance of delivery units and personnel within DepEd are evaluated and incentivized in a verifiable, credible and standardized process.
- Scope of Policy
- This Deoped Order
To continue reading the whole guidelines, you may click here.